Saturday, January 24, 2015

Tatting! (January, 17, 2015)


I have found yet another way to play with fiber when I am away from my loom. I have discovered the art of lacemaking, A.K.A. tatting. Yesterday, when we went to get the loom, I was looking around the store where we went to pick it up and found a bag with 7 tatting shuttles! Now, being the ever curious crafter that I am, I just had to try it out. Tatting is so fun! It took me a while to not make a knotted mess of sewing thread, but I think I have finally gotten the hang of it. It is similar to weaving, because the shuttle passes over and under the working thread. But at the same time it reminds me a lot of crochet, because you work with a lot of loops. In the end though tatting it is truly a craft all of its own! I love the fact that you can just keep a shuttle in your pocket for when you find a second or two to craft.
My first tatted pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment