Monday, January 26, 2015

Inauguration (January, 20, 2015)

Today My family and I witnessed history in the making. For the first time in 14 years Texas has a new Governor. My family and I were incredibly blessed, and we got tickets to the inauguration. So, this morning we piled into the car and drove to the State Capitol: Austin, Texas. It was wonderful! We parked a few blocks away, and it was amazing to see all the sights, we even saw  the Governors Mansion! We arrived an hour early, so I decided to do one of my favorite pastimes, looking for hand woven outfits. There were a LOT of people wearing high end, mostly hand woven, outfits. At the end of that hour I felt thoroughly underdressed, but I was also very comforted about how many people still care about the quality of hand woven fabric. And as long as people still care about hand woven fabric, I will be able to follow my dream of making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment