Saturday, January 24, 2015

On the road yet again. (January, 16, 2015)

Danish Medallions in the car!!
Today started very early, and as the sun rose over the rolling slopes of the Texas hill country, my mom, brother, and I set off for a nine hour road trip! I was all set for the hours ahead, because I managed to fit my 15" cricket in the car with me! Now you are probably wondering why I am talking about a road trip in a weaving blog. Good question!
It is a long and funny story, and it all starts with my mom on Ebay. She found a listing for a "Leclerc Nillus loom" for auction on Ebay, and it was close enough to us that we could drive to pick it up. We did some research, and discovered that it was a Leclerc Fanny floor loom. We were waffling all week wether we should go for it or not, but we finally decided to try and get it. So last Sunday night we were both hunched over her computer like hawks ready to strike when my dad came along and asked what we were doing. We talked about the loom for a while, and finally my dad suggested we add $50 to our max bid, and so we did. Without those $50 we would not have won the loom! So today we set off on our road trip to pick up our beautiful Leclerc Fanny!







No comments:

Post a Comment