Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Smeagol is FREEE!!!!!!

Or rather, the Leclerc is!

 Ok, I know that I said I would finish the rainbow clutch first, but I really wanted to get that overshot warp done, so I finished it! Ladies and gentlemen, the most annoying warp in my (considerably short) weaving history IS DONE. I did weave through all of the warp, and once I fix the many, many mistakes, it will actually be a nice looking piece. Maybe then I will post some pictures of it... maybe.
Also, I have decided what to do for the scarf. It will be in dark and light green with some sparkle added in. Also, I have decided against the crackle pattern. I finaly found it again in a handwoven magazine, and it was just as gorgeous as I remembered. But there was a bit of a problem... just looking over the pattern made me seriously in need of some chamomile tea. I will get back to that one in a year or two, but for now it is way out of my league. So, for now the scarf will be woven in a M's and W's pattern. Which brings me to one of my favorite parts of the planning process.
Which pattern to choose?

Ah the possibilities!
Meanwhile, I did finish sewing all of the squares together for the rainbow clutch. I want to lightly felt it before I finish sewing it together.

And lastly, my supervisor (aka my cat) decided to add a little cuteness to my "photoshoot". I decided to take the picture of the rainbow clutch on my loom bench, so I had to move the sheepskin cushion. I folded it up, placed it on the floor, and proceeded to take photos. When I turned around to put it back, well...

It is good to know that I'm not the only one that appreciates MY sheepskin!

No comments:

Post a Comment