Saturday, April 2, 2016

Finished!

The edges are crocheted, ends sewn in, and all 348 fringes have been knotted. The tri-loom blanket is finished! This has been by far the largest triangle loom project I have ever done, coming in at 7' by  7' excluding fringes. I love how it turned out! The blanket is very soft, and I have been a bit tempted to claim it for myself. Unfortunately, so have the cats...

Yes I see you, and yes that still counts as on the blanket!
Ah kitties, they are just too cute to get mad at. However, the blanket is now safely on top of a shelf where they can not get to it... I think. My cats are little ninjas...
Anyway, since the blanket is done I have decided on my next project! I will be weaving a little drawstring pouch for my drop spindle. Seems easy right? Well, it would be if I weren't planning on weaving it with sewing thread.


I have never woven with such thin thread before, and honestly I am worried I will mess it all up.
But, if I don't try I will never know! So, for better or worse, I am off to the warping board!

4 comments:

  1. Wow ... what are you planning on for threads per inch (that may not be proper weaving terminology, but it's how my stitching mind works).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Kudos on completing a 7x7 blanket ... I have yet to make a bed-size quilt (or any other object that large).

      Delete
    2. I plan to weave the sewing thread at 30 ends per inch. Threads per inch is perfectly accurate, but weavers like to confuse people (or just me) by calling it "ends per inch.

      Delete
    3. P.S. Thank you! The largest I had done before was a 30"x30" baby blanket, so this was a big leap for me.

      Delete