Thursday, March 31, 2016

On the Fringe


Yesterdays craft time was spent at the triangle loom. I finished the last few inches of weaving, and started on the fringe. I use a book to make fringes by wrapping yarn around it ,

 and then cutting the yarn using the space formed by the pages  between the front and back cover.
I might like fringes a little too much...
Perhaps this is not the fanciest way to make fringes, but it gets the job done! And the best thing is that once you are done using the book for every imaginable purpose it wasn't designed for, you can open it up, and read!

...or you can use it to press flowers.


2 comments:

  1. Triangle looms are new to me ... makes a lot of sense and also inspired me to look through your entire blog (I confess I didn't read everything, but I enjoyed every eye-ful).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I learned about triangle looms around a year ago, and I have barely put them down since. The basic techniques are easy to master, but once you start incorporating patterns the possibilities are endless. I have even seen some people weave overshot on the 30" looms. I'm not sure I am brave enough to try that, but it is beautiful.

      Delete