Sunday, April 3, 2016

And so it begins...


The warping board has seen quite some action today! I am making the warp with 10 threads of alternating colors separated by 2 threads of black.

there are over 100 threads in this picture!
I had a bit of trouble starting out, because I couldn't figure out how to keep the bobbins from rolling around while I was warping. Finally, I tried putting them into some weaving shuttles.


Just what the weaver ordered, no more runaway bobbins! However, that was not my only problem. After searching through all of my considerable sewing thread stash I remembered that I had given the white thread I planed to use as weft to a friend a couple years ago. Apparently, every cloud has a silk lining. And yes, I do mean silk. I talked about my problem with the Crafter in Chief (a.k.a. mom). She said she had an idea, casually walked over to a box, pulled out a spool of undyed mulberry silk thread, and asked "would this work?"

Um, yes! This is perfect!

Who needs fairy godmothers when you have an awesome mom?

2 comments: