Saturday, April 16, 2016

Down the rabbit hole

Some goodies my mom and I got for coming early!
Today my mom and I visited the Yellow Rose Fiber Festival. It was, as usual, SO MUCH FUN!!!
It is safe to say that I have been (not-so-subtly) hinting at wanting to go all year long, and apparently, my family got the message! ;-)
I learned a lot about felting and spinning from watching some of the demonstrations and sneaking peaks at some classes, but I actualy learned the most form one of the vendors! I was dreaming about some dyed mohair locks she was selling when she started telling me about how to incorporate them into several different crafts. She even showed me how to make mohair-lock fringes with bias tape! Needless to say, I was sold on the idea, and so was a bag of raw mohair!

Smiling, she then directed me to her awesome discount bin, where I found this beautiful cone of 50% wool and 50% mohair yarn.

It, and a few of it's siblings, were in my shopping bag a few moments later.
Most of my money well spent, my mom and I cruised around the rest of the booths, and we found a few more things that we both liked. After we decide "who keeps what" I will post pictures of the rest of the goodies.






No comments:

Post a Comment