Monday, March 28, 2016

Cutting it close


An Easter addition to the studio.
The M's and W's scarf is off the loom! I made it through all 70 inches of fabric, and 6 inches of fringe. But, that left me with literally less than an inch of working room!


 That was cutting it very close, but it made me very happy. Why? Because I had only 6 inches of loom waste! I love it when I can save as much yarn as possible, and managing to get only 6 inches of waste on a loom that usually requires 10"...  makes me feel like a superstar :-)
  I also hemstitched all of the fringes this afternoon, so I can wash the scarf tomorrow. After that, it will be completely done! I have three ideas for my next project: raffia placemats, sewing thread bookmarks, or a cotton scarf. They all sound fun to me!
Until I have decided which one I want to make I will be working on a blanket I have on the triangle loom.


I am 3/4 of the way through the blanket, and I ran out of the red yarn! I only need about 150 more yards, so I am going to look to see if I have any remnants of the same yarn from another project.
But that will have to wait till tomorrow.
Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment