Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Sleepy Day and Pleache't



Today was one of those days where the clouds get darker and darker but it never rains. One of my grandmothers referred to these as "Sleepy days", because "the sun never woke up".  She also taught me that the best thing to do on sleepy days is crafting! I continued work on my full scale Pleache't rug. The baby blue is just not my color, so I decided to tone it down with some grey wool fabric. Not only did the wool add a nice springiness to the rug, but the blend of blue and grey reminds me of sea foam. Just what I wanted! 
   After working on the rug for a while I decided to look for that missing red yarn for my tri-loom blanket.
I found it!

I knew I had bought enough yarn for the blanket! The offending half-ball of yarn was hidden with the yarn for another project. Since I hadn't worked on the blanket in a while I decided to put away my Pleache't  project so I could weave for a little bit.

A "little bit" turned into the rest of the evening, and I added another foot and a half to the blanket. Not too shabby! If I keep this up it should be off the loom by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment