Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spring... break?


Tony has been at the loom more than me!
Whew I have been busy! This week I had spring break, so I thought that I would had much more time to weave than usual. That was not the case! My brothers and I started the week off with building a garden shed, and... that... took... FOREVER. Who knew you could put literally thousands of screws into such a tiny building? But the little shed is very cute, and we did need a place for our gardening tools, so... I guess I can add "proficiency with a power drill" to my skills list! Also, I got to go up north for a long overdue visit with my weaving mentor. While I was there she helped me learn this really neat rug making technique called Pleache't (it rhymes with crochet). It is a lot like crocheting a doily, except you use strips of fabric along with your cotton thread.
My first project, a mini rug.
Also, I actually did manage to get some weaving done! I am now halfway through the M's and W's scarf, and it is so pleasant to weave, I might have to make a second one.


No comments:

Post a Comment