Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Spinning, and spinning... and spinning!

Hi! I'm sorry for disappearing! Long story short, I let someone who doesn't understand how much work and love goes into crafting get under my skin. (You might have guessed that from the end of  my last post.) I guess the universe decided that I needed a lesson in letting go!
I did  learn from last time that weaving and frustration don't mix well, so I decided to have some fun spinning.
I have been spending a lot of time on the porch lately due to the lovely weather, and I found a new friend in my wool. Yes, I mean literally IN my wool.


I was visited by a baby praying mantis!
This little guy would not stay away from my roving, and he was just so cute!

We had a nice chat, and then I brought him over to a wild verbena bush where he could make a home.

Can you find the tiny mantis? Nope, I can't either.
After that adventure I did some more solar dyeing and spinning.

I have been trying to get a dark blue, but that is proving more difficult than I thought.
Attempt #1 is on the left, and #2 is on the right. Maybe the third try will be the charm?

I also tried throwing a bunch of colors into a jar to see how they would blend together.
Fun!

And lastly, I finished spinning and plying the "pink lemonade" roving that I dyed a few weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for disappearing, too ... I've been on the road (and soon to be yet again) ...

    Love coming back to see what you're up to. Spin on ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not replying to you sooner! (Finals have been eating me alive) I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get more crafting done in the summer. :-)
      I know traveling is hectic, but it is so cool that you got to see the Newcomb Enterprise collections! (I am the tiniest bit jealous) ;-)
      I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in New Orleans!

      Delete