Thursday, April 21, 2016

Loom-ing Deadlines

A bit more progress on the shawl from yesterday.
I will be dreaming about weaving tri-shawls tonight, probably because that was what I was doing every spare moment I had today! As I said earlier, I was making the blue shawl for a friend, and I planed to give it to her in a week or two. The keyword in that sentence is planned. As it so turns out, I got to spend some time with her this evening on a school field trip to the opera. What does that have to do with the shawl you ask? Well, being the crazy weaver I am, I thought "Hey, this is a chance for me to give her the (at that time unfinished) shawl even earlier!".

And so, the weaveathon began!
To satisfy my ever present curiosity I decided to take progress photos after every hour of work. Yes, there was a timer next to the loom, and yes I recorded every bit of time I got to weave today.

Hour one: I was a bit slow starting out, (mainly due to the early hour)
but near the end I gained momentum.

Hour two: I AM A LIGHTNING FAST WEAVER!
(or at least I like to think I am)

Hour three: All done weaving!

Hour four: The edges have been crocheted, the ends have been sewn in,
and the shawl is DONE!


Ten minutes later saw the shawl all wrapped up, and twenty minutes after that It was time to go! Am I great at cutting it close or what? :-)
I am exhausted.
Why do I spend so much time on crafts? Part of it is genetic, some of it crazy, but in the end...
...I do it because that is simply what I love to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment