Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Threads of Time

I am officially one third of the way through threading the loom!

I chose an eight shaft pattern for this project, officially bumping up the shaft count by 4 from my previous record. I think that threading the loom is even more fun now!  Reaching for the back headless reminds me of a book I read where a magician "Reached into the abyss to grasp the threads of time".
My personal threads of time :-)
I read too much fiction, I know. The annoying thing is that I want to read that book again now, but I can't remember what it was... oh well.
Anyway, that memory and seeing parts of the warp secured on the reed gave me an idea for what I want to name the finished piece:

"Air, Earth, Fire, Water... Threads". A bit of fantasy never hurt anyone... right?

2 comments:

  1. A perfect title ...

    You might appreciate this quote from "Ruined by reading" by Lynne Sharon Schwartz :

    "I don't remember much of what I've read. My lifelong capacity for forgetting distresses me. I glance at a book on the shelf that I once read with avid interest ... and while I struggle for the details, all I recall is the excitement of the reading."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That quote fits me perfectly! The upside is that rereading books is just as much fun as the first time because I never remember the plot. ;-)

      Delete