Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Little Loom Wall


Ever since I got my first 30" triangle loom I had been dreaming "making" a wall for my small looms. Several years and new-to-me looms later, I finally decided to do it! I classify a "little loom" as something I can easily bring with me to a workshop or class, and although the 7' tri-loom is pushing it a bit, it does fold up, so it still counts!
I also did get a bit more weaving done on the Leclerc.


I believe I am starting to understand the meaning of "weaving slow cloth". It doesn't just mean that it takes me 45 minutes to weave an inch. It also means that I have to slow down and just focus on weaving for a while. I really enjoy that.
Unfortunately I cannot bring the big loom with me everywhere! I was on the road a lot today, so to fill the time I started plotting.


I am thinking of making a poncho with sari silk, but I am not sure if the fabric would be to thick. As my weaving mentor always says, "When in doubt, make samples!". Being the star pupil I most certainly am (not), I followed her advice and wove some samples on the 30" and 15" tri-looms. It is hard to say which one I like best...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... hard to wear a sample I suppose. Of course, if you can't decide between the two, you could make both ;)

    ReplyDelete